Sunday, October 19, 2014

Heating

Even though summer is nearly here I have been thinking about heating for our house.
Originally I wanted to add a woodheater, but am coming around to the idea of a pellet heater.
I have been to look at some and am still deciding....

CONS:
Even though it has a flame, it's not as nice as a bunch of logs lit up.
It doesn't have any radiant heat.

PROS:
It has a timer, so you can set the heater to start before you even get out of bed or come home from work.
It doesn't require lots of chopping and splitting and carting of wood.
It's better for the environment.
It's on SALE with free flue and installation.
The kids can just flick a switch and turn it on themselves.
It can be put close to the wall, so doesn't take up too much space.

So this is the one I am thinking of installing.


The MacLeod from Tasmanian Pellet heating
and the hearth I am thinking of is tiles from Wyllie Tiles


They are the Artisan Marrakesh tiles in Mist/Ash
OR...
I could get some concrete laid and then stencil it like I did the front entrance.



mmmmm..... thinking about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment